Highlights of the College
- To impart only the knowledge base are also made holistic by arranging many co-curricular activities.
- Students are taken to organizations related to their subject e.g. Commerce, Economics and Functional Hindi students are taken to banks and other financial institutions.
- History students to visit places of historic importance, bio-sciences students to various areas having rich Flora and Fauna and Chemistry students to various factories research laboratories.
- Political Science students to High Court, District Court and other local administrative offices, Psychology and Home Science students to visit jail, mental hospitals, homes for physically challenged etc. which help them to understand the ground realities of their curriculum.
- Similarly ,project work is given to some subjects e.g. Political Science Sociology, Functional Hindi, Computer Application etc. orienting the students towards research .
- A research milieu is created amongst PG students by making research methodology as part of curriculum and seminar and project work being mandatory.
- Our staff members are not only the member of BOS of our university itself but also for other state like – HOD of Computer Science is BOS of Nagpur University, by participating in its meetings he gains experience which can be utilized for the local body.
- The college has the distinction of being much older then the University itself and hence holds quite a responsible position in the academia and has a positive influence on the syllabi designing of the University.
- The remedial courses run for the backward minority community sponsored by UGC are taken up according to the suggestions and feedback from the local representatives.